Founded in 1970 in Confolens, France, CIOFF-Switzerland is a founder member of CIOFF International.
The main events of CIOFF Switzerland are :
|1970||Paul PULH from Geneva becomes the first official Delegate representing Switzerland in CIOFF.|
|1975||First edition of the International Folklore Festival in Fribourg (RFI - annual)|
- Establishment of the Swiss National Section of CIOFF in Fribourg - Adoption of the By Laws.
- Election of Mr. Cyrill RENZ from Cormagens as President of CIOFF Switzerland.
- International experts Conference on "Folk dance on the stage" at the Fribourg University with the participation of UNESCO under the patronage of the Swiss National Commission for UNESCO.
- 1st GA in Fribourg, March 30th 1985
- First edition of the International Folklore Festival in Martigny (FIFO - biennial)
- 2nd GA in Martigny, April 26th 1986
- World Congress and 18th General Assembly of CIOFF at the Fribourg University.
- International Conference on "Folklore and Tourism" in Fribourg and Valais.
- First edition of the International Folklore Festival of the Canton of Neuchâtel (FFICN - biennal)
- 3rd GA in Montreux, April 25th 1987
|1988||- 4th GA in Fribourg, May 28th 1988|
|1989||- 5th GA in Neuchâtel, August 24th 1989|
- National Conference on the "Recommendation of UNESCO on the Safeguard of the Traditional Culture and Folklore" in Fribourg with the participation of Experts from UNESCO and under the patronage of the Swiss National Commission for UNESCO.
- 6th GA in Martigny, August 4th 1990
|1991||- 7th GA in Châtel-St-Denis, November 30th 1991 - Establishment of the "Associate Membership"|
|1992||- 8th GA in Martigny, November 7th 1992|
- Membership of the International Folkdance Meeting in Zurich (IVZ)
- 9th GA in Vaumarcus, November 11th 1993
- Meeting of the South European and African Sector of CIOFF in Martigny
- 10th GA in Sierre, November 19th 199410. Generalversammlung in Siders am 19. November 1994.
- Publication of the Press-Book for the 25th anniversary of CIOFF Switzerland.
- Establishment of national Commissions for "Festivals" and for "Folklore Groups"
- 11th GA in Châtel-St-Denis, November 11th 1995
|1996||- 12th GA in Ouchy, November 23th 1996|
- In Thessaloniki, Greece, the CIOFF World Congress elects Mr. Cyrill RENZ, President of CIOFF Switzerland, as Secretary General of CIOFF International.
- 13th GA in Fribourg, November 15th 1997
|1998||- 14th GA in Martigny, November 14th 1998.|
- In Recife, Brazil, the CIOFF World Congress elects Mr. Renaud ALBASINI, Vice-President of CIOFF Switzerland, as Chairman of the Cultural Commission of CIOFF International.
- 15th GA in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, November 20th 1999
- The GA decides the program "Objectives and priorities for 2000-2002" including the realisation of a project dedicated to the Intangible Cultural Heritage with the publication of a Swiss Repertoire.
- Establishment of a CIOFF Youth Working Group in Granges-Paccot
- 16th GA in Arbaz, November 4th 2000.
- National Conference for the Cultural Associations on the global concept "Cultural diversity" and the "Swiss Repertoire of Intangible Cultural Heritage" at the Fribourg University on September 8th 2001.
- Press Conference on the global concept "Cultural diversity" and the Swiss Repertoire of Intangible Cultural Heritage" in Murten-Morat on September 19th 2001
- Gründung der Kommission “CIOFF Jugend” des CIOFF Schweiz.
- 2. European CIOFF Youth Conference, 19th – 22nd April in Fribourg.
- 17th GA in Murten-Morat, November 24th 2001
- Publication oft the Swiss Inventory of intangible cultural heritage (Edelweiss)
- In Le Seppey, on Oktober 6th 2002, Cyrill Renz, President and Renaud Albasini, Vice-President of CIOFF Switzerland are nominated as Council members oft MUTRA, a fondation for traditional music in the French part of Switzerland.
- 18th GA in Échallens on November 2nd 2002
|2003||- 19th GA in Matran on November 15th 2003|
- “Encounter and Identity”, Conference on August 23rd at the Fribourg University, in cooperation with the CIOFF Festival of Fribourg.
- Text of reference “CIOFF Switzerland and Cultural Diversity”
- Adoption of the Chart of CIOFF Switzerland for the „CIOFF Festival“ label.
- 20th GA in Ollon on November 13th 2004
- CIOFF Switzerland becomes founder member of the Swiss Coalition for Cultural Diversity.
- 21th GA in Évolène on October 29th 2005
- Swiss Forum for intangible cultural heritage on September 12th in Berne, organized by the Swiss Commission for UNESCO in cooperation with CIOFF Switzerland.
- Text of reference “CIOFF Switzerland and the Intangible Heritage”.
- First edition of the CIME Festival, Célébrations interculturelles de la Montagne in Évolène
- 22nd GA in Les Monts de Corsiers on November 18th 2006
- Day of the UNESCO Conventions 2003 und 2005 on January 30th in Berne, organized by the Swiss Commission for UNESCO in cooperation with CIOFF Switzerland.
- “The safeguard of intangible cultural heritage”, conference on August 23rd at the Fribourg University, in cooperation with the CIOFF Festival of Fribourg.
- 23rd GA in Châtel-St-Denis on November 24th 2007
- A representative of CIOFF Switzerland becomes member of the working group established by the Federal Office of Culture to develop a concept for the implementation of the inventory on intangible cultural heritage.
- 24th GA in St-Légier/La Chiésaz on November 22nd 2008
- European Conference on Civil Society Organisations active in the Field of Heritage, Mechelen, Belgium, March 23rd. CIOFF Switzerland presents the item “Intangible cultural heritage – Which inventory for which safeguard in a multicultural society?”.
- Conference of the festivals of CIOFF Switzerland in Granges-Paccot on November 27th dedicated to the item “CIOFF Festivals – Partners of the CIOFF cultural policy” – A programming in Perspective of the CIOFF cultural policy related to the UNESCO Convention for the safeguard of intangible cultural heritage.
- 25th GA in Cournillens on November 21st 2009